Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cooking for your Sweetie on Valentine's Day? (Updated for 2018)

Home-cooked Valentine's Day Dinner!


I've never been a big one for Valentine's Day restaurant dinners.... too crowded, over-priced, sometimes the service isn't that great.. and the Valentine's Day dinner specials might not be that wonderful either. So... He'll bring me flowers (and maybe some candy), and I'll cook.


Now maybe your man (or your lady) would prefer lobster, shrimp, or steak for a special Valentine's Day meal? If so, get the best ingredients and learn how to prepare these foods without ruining them. But I won't be of any help to you here. Because my Valentine's Day special meals are much simpler.....
Heart-shaped meat loaf ready to go in the oven.

Real hearty man fare: Heart-shaped meatloaf or lasagne with a heart on top. (Check back for the lasagne recipe... and then add red velvet cake for dessert!)

So for those of you are interested in the simpler pleasures of life.. I'll post my simple recipes... all ingredients are approximate... just season to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment