Monday, February 11, 2013

Starting a Romance: One Rose or a Dozen?

From Smell-the-flowers blog

From Yahoo Answers:  


Should I get a girl who I'm not even dating a present for Valentine's Day?

Ok, so I've liked this girl for ages now... She doesn't know.. I don't think.. We're not really even friends either more like acquaintances.. I'm friend with one of her best mates but I've not plucked up the courage to actual speak to this girl... Ive liked her for about 6 months now and cant seem to get her off my mind... She is 18 and I'm 25 also I don't think that's an issue but others think it might be?
I was thinking about getting some white roses and a nice bit of jewelry sent to her house on Valentine's Day... (Anonymously also) 
Any advice would be appreciated...

To clarify, I really want to... But I guess I'm being a wimp.. Girls hey! The handful of friends I've spoke to about the are torn between some saying a little over the top and some saying go for it... That's why I'm here...

My answer: 

Valentine's Day is the perfect time to kindle romance.  But be very, very subtle.  I actually think that ONE perfect rose might be a better gift than a dozen roses or jewelry..

I wouldn't send her jewelry unless you were really dating her.. Right now you just WANT to date her.  So be subtle.. ONE rose.. White, red, perhaps an unusual color.

Here's more about a gift of a single rose:  A single rose

And, just for your reading pleasure, here's a great blog about roses...and all flowers:  Smell The Flowers (Roses)

No comments:

Post a Comment