Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Her Valentine's Day Problem (Updated for 2018)

A Valentine's dilemma from the woman's point of view

Q. Hi..

I met a new man at a holiday party. He and I have started to see each other every week. I like him, but I'm concerned that he likes me more than I like him. I know he would like to do a fancy Valentine's celebration, but I'm not sure this is right for us. We haven't been together very long at all.

Wondering....



A. O...kay.......

I sense something else in your question, wondering. You like him, but perhaps you don't feel very romantically inclined to him? You've known him for a few weeks now, but are you concerned that you will feel "obligated" if he rolls out the red carpet on this, your first Valentine's Day together?

Well.. the best thing to do is to talk with him about it. Make it clear that you've only been dating since the holidays, and you think a small celebration is best. You'd rather not get all dressed up for a fancy place... maybe next year for that! Suggest to him how you would like to spend Valentine's Day... If he is a good guy, he will understand and respect your wishes.

We can wonder ourselves in to a tizzy. So don't guess; talk to him!

... and have a great Valentine's Day!! Sometimes those feelings will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment