Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Display

Valentine's Day Presentation is Everything!



Valentine's Day doesn't have to be expensive or ostentatious (though I did see the cutest red heart necklace with red heart stud earrings today!... not that expensive either!)

For years, we had a "display" table... just a small table that sat up against the wall. I would decorate it for V-day, and we'd put our presents there.

Here's what I did: I'd start with handmade hearts that I'd save from year to year. I'd tape them around the edge of the table. I'd put a strand of Valentine's Day lights around the edge of the table. Then I'd take bags from the Valentine's Days of the past, and I'd open them and put them on the back of the table.. for color and texture. I also have a few red heart candle and heart-shaped ornaments that I'd put on the table. On the wall behind the table, I'd tape past Valentine's Day cards.

The center of the table was open for gifts and flowers from this year. Always pretty! I wouldn't put the display up until the afternoon of Valentine's Day.. unlike Christmas decorations, Valentine's Day decorations pop up on the day itself.

A lovely display makes even simple gifts (a little candy or treats, flowers, and perhaps a small gift) seem particularly festive and wonderful.

The picture above was taken with a cell phone a couple of years ago.. not the greatest quality, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment